Who are we?
The Friends of the Vancouver Public Library is a community of library lovers who volunteer, fundraise, and advocate in support of the Vancouver Public Library.
What do we do?
Our goals are to:
- Raise funds for library collections and special projects
- Build membership
- Promote and assist in library programs when requested
- Initiate special projects
Friends also operates book’mark, The Library Store, on the main level of Central Branch of the Vancouver Public Library.
See the Friends 2020 – 2025 Strategic Goals here.
How do I get involved?
- Become a member by visiting book’mark, the library store, or any VPL branch and buying a Friends membership for $5.
- Get in touch with us! Our office staff can let you know what kinds of volunteer opportunities are currently available and get you started. If you already have an idea of what you would like to do feel free to let us know! We may also contact you with opportunities based on the volunteer interests that you check off when you become a member.
Who’s on the Board?
Meet your co-chairs and board members here >>
Call us at: 604 331 4036 or send an email to friends@friendsoftheVPL.ca and we’ll get back you as soon as possible!
We acknowledge that our work takes place on the traditional, ancestral and unceded homelands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.